Monday, June 20, 2011

Ugh down for the count

I am currently sitting in an emergency room awaiting..... I don't know for sure, but ultimately a cast. Since hockey is done, we cottage it every weekend. We all unplug from society and get some quality outdoor family time in. Last weekend we purchased a wakeboard. One I knew was far too large for me (140cm, I usually ride a 126-128cm). None the less it was fun, and I was skipping wakes in no time. Unfortunately, I haven't owned a one piece since I was 11, so as I came up out of the water on my third run after a little spill, my shorts didn't. So I affixed the triangular shaped handle to me elbow of my right hand as I used my left hand to fix the shorts. It would have worked out fine, except the lip of the board went underwater thus making me take a tumble. Immediately I knew something was weird with my arm, and I had to use my good are to hang on to the rope and get towed back to the cottage because I couldn't climb back in and I couldn't get pulled back up. Hmmmm so since I just immigrated I had to go get my health card before I could go to emergency. Since it was Sunday I opted to wait till morning and we ran and got my card, then went right to the hospital. Now I am waiting for x-rays to confirm the break. I guess I should be thinking about what color to get my cast!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment